View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 04:19 AM   #14
stoffe
Network Caretaker

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Other lost things I can remember...

Some other things from the top of my head that has vanished from this thread.

@ermo(?) -
I put together a mini-release containing the patcher application only that has added commandline support as you asked. It accepts two optional parameters, the first is the name of an INI file containing work instructions, the second is a name of a custom RTF file to display in the info text box when the app starts. Like:

Code:
TSLPatcher.exe another.ini someinfo.rtf
You can download it here. That file contains the patcher EXE only since I assume you already have the other files and nothing else has changed. Hopefully this is what you meant...

@commas -
I am working on a new "full" version of the patcher that can handle adding new nodes to existing dialog files, as you requested. Progress has been slow recently though since I've been busy with other real-life things the last few weeks. Hopefully I should be able to get to it during the vacation soon.

@Everyone -
Since I've gotten a few questions about odd behavior resulting from this, and it is far from obvious I should point this out. Should've been in the ReadMe file to begin with to avoid trouble, but it's easy to become blind to your own designs... Sorry about that.

When modifying 2DA files with AddRow-modifiers, you must assign a value to at least one column before you can assign a value from the new row (like the RowLabel or RowIndex) to a 2DAMEMORY token.

This is due to the fact that the patcher executes things in the order they are listed in the modifier lists, and the new row isn't added until at least one value has been set for a column.

Thus this is invalid, as RowIndex hasn't been determined yet:
Code:
[heads.2da]
AddRow0=heads_bastila

[heads_bastila]
2DAMEMORY1=RowIndex
head=P_BastilaH
alttexture=kinrathpup
headtexe=evilpup
While this is valid, as the new row has been added:
Code:
[heads.2da]