View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM   #2
Scummbuddy

Thanks for the link.

I will have to say that I did catch one of the new episodes on SpikeTV and really didnt care for it. I did grow up watching them when they were brand new. I have huge respect for what they were, and I also (now) understand that they were heavily censored for their time, being on Nick. I'm all for the creator getting to make what he really wants, but, in a way, I'm really glad I got to see them, growing up, the way they were.

I didn't really know that he wasn't involved for several years, when I was a wee lad, and, personally, didn't notice. (I will probably notice once I get the Ultimate DVD and watch them all.)

I am happy that the middle seasons are included. I'll even give the APC another try... but Ren and Stimpy being gay, kinda ruined it for me. It was like pissing on my childhood. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay. That's not what I'm saying. They could have made them both girls, or aliens, or whatever, its just that they messed with something I grew up believing in, so I'm going to be very hard to turn around on the subject... but thats not stopping me from getting the Ultimate Edition.

If I offended anyone in my midnight rant, I apologize.

Scummbuddy is offline   you may: quote & reply,