View Single Post
Old 07-31-2005, 09:26 PM   #65
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Re: RichEdit line insertion error

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkoldrat
i can't seem to run the files of the patcher, it only shows an error message like "RichEdit line insertation error"
This is an external error caused by the RichEdit DLL files in your system. RichEdit is a component that comes with Windows, though it seems some other applications install (and unfortunately overwrite) those DLL files as well.

From what I have been able to figure out, that error occurs when the version of the RichEd DLL files you have installed in your system is either some peculiar version, outdated or whatever it might be. I haven't been able to recreate the error myself so I don't know for sure.

It works just fine on my computer, if you want the RichEd DLLs from my computer you can download them here. Unzip and put those in the System32 folder inside your Windows folder. Back up the original files that exist there first before replacing them.

If you don't want to do this or can't get it to work anyway, download the latest version of the TSLPatcher.exe and use instead of the one you have now. Then open the changes.ini file you are working with in Notepad and, under the [Settings] section, add this line:
PlaintextLog=1

This will disable the formated, color-coded progress log and show the install progress as rather ugly plain text instead. That should hopefully bypass the RichEdit error. (Hopefully since I can't reproduce the error myself, so I don't know for sure what's causing it. )

Last edited by stoffe -mkb-; 01-12-2006 at 01:45 PM.
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,