Thread: Awwww
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 04:10 AM   #8
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

What inspired this was seeing increasing activity at forums.filefront.com at the same time activity was decreasing here. That would not be a function of the game's popularity. Seriously, that forum was dead for the longest time, and now it's quite busy.

Most of the questions there are tech support questions about the game and running a server. There are also a lot of questions about modding (although pcgamemods.com/forum has more). They have relatively few categories. For example, the Jedi Academy section is

Jedi Academy General Discussion
Discuss the Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Clan Forums
Looking for a clanmatch? Looking for clan members? Wanna join a clan? This is the place to be!

Rants & Raves
Yay! Get it off your chest here? Just keep it non-vulgar and related to Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy please!

Modding & Editing
More info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders? Right here!

Problems, Errors, Help & Others
JK3 not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

Off-topic forum
Come here to discuss topics not covered by our other forums.

Jedi Academy Reloaded
Post bug reports, suggestion ideas, or leave commentary on Jedi Academy Reloaded here.
Web site is at http://jamod.jk3files.com.

So it's pretty easy to figure out where to post.

This forum puts the tech support and server section at the bottom of a much longer list of categories, and I think people just overlook it. I also think some of the less active categories such as the JK2 modding categories could be consolidated, and Showcase should be moved to the top of the modding section.

How about something like this:

Game Discussion
Jedi Academy
Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight/MotS
Dark Forces

Tech Support
Game problems and errors
Running servers and mods
(consolidate Strategy Shack into Game Discussion, since the questions are usually specific to a game)

Skinning, Mapping, Modeling, Modding
Showcase Forum
Make requests here!
General Editing
Skinning
Mapping
Modeling
Coding

Community
Yoda's Swamp
Clans Forum
Senate Chambers
Roleplaying
Hosted Forums
Feedback

And I don't think the Swamp-lovers will have any problem finding the Swamp.

Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,