View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #24
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((Your character better have superhuman hearing ))

Kale raised his eyebrows as he glanced around. His eyes fell on Raz and he instantly recognized him.

"I don't see how it's of any concern to you," he answered quietly. Katarina frowned.

"But there is no harm in telling you," she interrupted.

"All the same," Kale cut in, glaring at her, "I think it had best be kept our secret."

"But we could tell you," Katarina said.

"But we won't," Kale countered. Katarina glared at him.

"Why not?" she demanded.

"He doesn't need to know," Kale insisted.

"But you agree there's no harm in his knowing," Katarina pressed. Kale paused for a second and shrugged.

"Have it your way," he muttered. Turning to Raz, he sighed. "The Druids do not seem overly concerned with the bandit infestation of the forest. Yet there is not a day that goes by that we don't hear some new tale of a death caused by the bandits. We are here to combat them."

"You may be skeptical," Katarina said with a small smile. "How can a pair of seemingly innocent travelers make that much of a difference?"

"Katarina, we've said enough," Kale said firmly. Katarina turned to him as if to object, but seeing the look on his face, she kept her mouth shut. Kale turned again to Raz.

"It should be enough for you to know we are not simply innocent travelers," he said. "Now if you'll excuse us."

He took Katarina's hand and they went deeper into the forest.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,