View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #3
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Half an hour after Tara went to the shower, she came into the kitchen. Jack was just finishing up with making eggs and bacon and spooned some onto a plate for Tara. She thanked him with a kiss on the cheek and sat down at the table. Jack dished up his own food and sat down opposite Tara.

"Betcha Troezen's already there," he told her. Her eyes were still half closed and she shrugged.

"He can wait... same as normal," she answered. Jack laughed.

"Maybe we should give him a key, then," he said. Tara's eyes shot open and she shook her head immediately.

"You carry one of the two keys," she objected. "The other is hidden safely away. This way, there isn't quite the risk of a break-in."

Jack chuckled and continued eating. When he was done, he slipped into the bathroom and took a quick shower. When he emerged, Tara had the TV on and was watching the news.

"Turn that off," he said. "Time to go to work."

Tara nodded and flipped the TV off. Jack and Tara walked out to the car together and drove to the building that housed the new game. As they pulled into the parking lot behind the building, Tara laughed.

"Troezen's here alright," she said. "Betcha he's at the cafe across the street."

"I'm not even betting," Jack answered. He handed her the key to the building. "I'll go get him... you get everything going."

They got out of the car and Jack crossed the street. He spotted Troezen almost immediately and walked over to him.

"G'mornin, Troezen," he said. "How's the coffee?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,