View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #12
JofaGuht

You got some good taste there, man. Here's my list of bands and artists I'd be dead without:

BANDS: Opeth, Neurosis, Alice Cooper, The Residents, Primus (as well most Les Claypool side-projects), Cream, Portishead, Orbital, System of a Down, Oingo Boingo, Lacuna Coil, Nine Inch Nails, Combustible Edison, Auf Der Maur, They Might be Giants, Tool and a few more

COMPOSERS: Angelo Badalamenti, Carter Burwell, Saint-Saens, Ennio Morricone, Danny Elfman

A few more words on the concept of music, in April my aunt who I was very close with died. When I first heard, I just shut my eyes and played "Swamped" by Lacuna Coil and just sort of got lost in it. It's like the music cleaned me....

Also if hasn't been mentioned, for those of us writers, nothing fuels writing better than music.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,