View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM   #173
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The Sisters' Quarters

Elaina woke up first and sat up immediately, blinking her eyes sleepily as she did so. She rubbed her eyes for a second and then put a hand to her hair. She had braided it the night before, so it was not quite as messy as it might have been otherwise. After brushing the tangles out of it, she returned to the bed and sat down with the makings of Tanara's new glove.

An hour later, Tanara began to wake up, but she took a slower route to wakefulness than her sister. She squeezed her eyes shut and stretched, bringing her hands up to her face. She winced slightly when her robotic hand brushed against her cheek and opened her eyes. The new hand and arm would still take a little time to get used to.

With a small sigh, Tanara moved to let her legs dangle off the side of the bed and sat up. Much like her sister, she rubbed her eyes, but she smiled slightly at the feeling of the right hand. It would most definitely take some getting used to. She felt her hair with her left hand and decided it only needed to be brushed.

"Knock knock," Elaina said as she came into her sister's room. In her right hand, she held the finished glove. Tanara smiled and took it.

"I'm impressed," she said. "Thank you."

"Maybe it'll be easier for both of us to get used to that new arm you've got now," Elaina told her. Tanara nodded.

"Come on," she said, slipping the glove on and fastening the clasps on the arm. "Let's go get some breakfast."

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,