View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #64
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I was just thinking about the city areas: Taris/Manaan vs and Nar Shadaa and Onderon. Well there is no comparison: Taris and Manaan are much bigger, the artwork much more detailed and there is a lot more to do in quantity and variety. In K1, there was also all that people walking in the streets, while in Kotor 2, Nar Shadaa was almost completely empty and the npcs didn't even walk but just stand in place.
Cities were a huge disappointment for me in TSL. I was just expecting more. I'm sure that quite a lot of us were expecting a complex "space station" type of areas for Telos (especially after seeing the arrival cinematic); it turned out to be ~4 areas of complete boredom.

Dantooine? Ripped from KotOR I, turned around a little. Korriban? They took the one from KotOR I, deleted the initial areas and changed the landing zone (Korriban was my last planet during my first time through, and I just felt robbed when I saw what it was).

Iziz (Onderon) was just too small to give any kind of "I'm in a capital city" feeling to the player; and that's what modern RPGs are really missing. I know I'm biased on this, but just look at Baldur's Gate and Athkatla : they're huge! Many quests, different merchants and shops everywhere, NPCs with things to say... And that was not at the expanse of dungeon and wilderness areas; BG1 had it's share of forest exploring and complex dungeons like Durlag's Tower. BG2 didn't have that many wilderness areas, but the dungeons were really special (Spellhold was great) and it was rather nice to explore the perfectly skinned and modelled Suldanesselar at the end. [/rant]

My biggest disappointment was by far Nar Shaddaa though. Perhaps I was expecting too much (I confess I was hoping it would look a little like Coruscant, or at least similar to the way it is shown in the Jedi Knight games). In the end, I think it's the best city in the game, but it could have been so much more.

On a side note, anyone else would like to see Coruscant in the possible KotOR III? It could have higher levels (with areas such as the Senate building and the Jedi Temple, like we see in RotS) and lower, slumish, areas (Cantina in AotC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeiamyourdad
Not to mention the few times you had to play as T3.
Of all the times you are forced to be someone else, I actually found those to be the most interesting. Gotta like T3

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Last edited by Darth54; 08-28-2005 at 02:47 PM.
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,