View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
montnoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdKnightR
I would like to see a better, more realistic way to handle encumbrance. Ever since I started playing KOTOR, I thought it was rediculous that you were able to carry every last thing that you collected since the beginning of the game. This unrealistic aspect was further exploited in TSL when characters that were not linked to you yet (such as Mira in the Jekk Jekk Tar arena) could use your items. I think there should be a limit to how much you can carry with you and let the members of your party share in the burden.
The encumbrance is the most annoying thing I know of in rpg-s. Someone spoke of tedious tasks. "Beaming" back to a merchant every 15 minutes because your backpack is full, is no fun.

I am currently playing Dungeon Siege 2. It has a limited inventory and random item-drops, a lot of random item-drops. So with your limited inventory you must go to a merchant every 10 minutes. Needless to say it takes you out of immersion and it also is rather annoying.

Oh and MdKnightR. No one stops you to roleplay your inventory. Just decide what is in your characters inventory and use only that. No need for the engine to force a limited backpack on you.

in vino veritas
montnoir is offline   you may: quote & reply,