View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 06:48 PM   #19
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Well yeah, of course, but does it make sense to put them in a game like Battlefront, where you play as the soldiers? Don't make me quote Mace from AotC... because what he says is exactly why Jedi SHOULD NOT BE PLAYABLE. There are a few maps, Geonosis, Felucia, Mygeeto, and Kashyyyk (NOT Yoda though, but there was Luminara Unduli on the ground), where Jedi did take a part in leading the clones into battle. But that doesn't mean that they need to be PLAYABLE. They should be AI-controlled.
The point of the battlefront games has always been to "play the SW battles any way you want". Whether or not Mace wants to fight, you can't deny the fact that Jedi *do* play an important role in the warfare of the prequel movies.

Why shouldn't they be playable? There were several Jedi who were just sent to Geonosis to serve as "soldiers". I do agree with you that "heros" are indeed overused (I think the playable Jedi should have been generic Jedi, not characters from the movies), but you can't completely scrap the Jedi idea for this.

In the prequels, Jedi fought in battles with the clones. They should also in a game based on the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Why can't they just supply a decent battlefield-type Star Wars game? As awesome as BF2 is, it's not Star Wars. Really, I'd have been so much happier if instead LA decided to team up with DICE and make SWBF2 actually an expansion pack for BF2, instead of using the same crappy engine, physics, etc. from SWBF.
Perhaps you would have been happy, but others would have screamed that LA was just doing mods of other games (SWGB, for example) to make fast money.

I do agree with you on the expansion thing though. I know I will feel robbed after buying the game, but what can I say? I'm a fan.

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,