View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:10 PM   #4
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7
Primeski, I would never give you a hard time about anything !!!
Where's the fun in that?

Quote:
But I do think the Clone Wars novels were poorly planned. My exposure to Clone Wars stuff was limited but reading the very interesting "Labyrinthe of Evil" and watching the CW series was painful at times due to the terrible incongruities.
Such as? Were there certain things in particular?

Quote:
It made it then unusual to hear the criticism against the NJO which was just so well planned and executed. At the end of the day, all I will say about NJO to its detractors is to reserve their judgement til they read "Star by Star" and "The Unifying Force".. those books ARE the series in a nutshell. Its sorta like watching ESB and ROTJ and it giving you all the info you need about the SW saga, without actually seeing the other 4 movies
Of course IMO the NJO is certainly not without it's flaws in terms of execution, but we've gone over that many times before. The fact that two books of nine are the series says to me there is a lot of extraneous material that drags out the story too long. But this thread isn't about the NJO...

Quote:
Now that Epsiode III has passed Im really not that keen on hearing anything more about the CW, so am a bit puzzled at why GL wants to do the CW CG series...
I think it is because the Clone Wars era is such a fertile ground for stories, especially for non-movie characters and unlimited locations. The Republic comic series is a testiment to that. It is a wartime era that is very familiar to the casual SW fans as well as the hardcores due to the films. And I don't think George has too much interest in doing post-ROTJ stories, as I get the impression that in his mind the Skywalker story has more or less ended at that point.

Quote:
However, the post ROTS era is very interesting, that basically where the prequel universe has to somehow become the OT universe... Lucas tried to do it with a 10 second shot in ROTS(Vader, Sidious and Tarkin looking at the DS1), but theres sooo much more.... books like Dark Lord and this Death Star one will fill us in, not to mention the TV series of course
Again, I'm not saying that the DS book is a bad idea or that I won't enjoy it. It is just that I have fallen in love with the Old Republic era (KOTOR) era and would love to have a novel to flesh it out more. Just a preference. But I am also looking forward to the post-ROTS era as well...

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,