Thread: release dates
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 10:47 AM   #9
fresnosmokey02
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime
Uh, there was five years between Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast, and I think it is safe to say it didn't hurt that game any. So conceivably K3 might not be out until 2010. And I'd bet it would sell just as well if not better at that time.
I don't know anything about those games. Well, I do own Jedi Academy, but I don't care for it. It relies too much on dexterity. I've never been into those kind of games (dexterity based FPS type). I like a more story centered game. Which leads me to my point. Too much lag time will hurt the popularity of the game. Especially because it's dependent on a story arc. LA and the game developers will have to ask themselves if people will want to wait say five years to finish the storyline, will it make the current KOTOR fans angry or uninterested, how will it affect sales, will new players be interested - especially if the first two titles are not available anymore so the new players can pick up the story. If they wait too long to release K3, they may as well just release a whole new game with a new story and I, for one, really would like to finish the story and find out what happens to Revan and everything.
fresnosmokey02 is offline   you may: quote & reply,