Thread: release dates
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:59 PM   #13
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
LA and the game developers will have to ask themselves if people will want to wait say five years to finish the storyline, will it make the current KOTOR fans angry or uninterested, how will it affect sales, will new players be interested - especially if the first two titles are not available anymore so the new players can pick up the story.
They will probably realize that it will be a huge seller as soon as they stick "Knights of the Old Republic" on the box. I don't think there are going to be that many people who will say, "wow, the game is upgraded in every way and is getting great reviews, but I'm not going to get it because it has been 5 years so I don't care." I think that if it is a good game, people will buy it.

Back to my JO/JA analogy, JA was the first DF game that wasn't directly about Kyle, and many complained. Yet it still sold like hotcakes. People tend to hum and haw a lot, but when push comes to shove, people will buy the game. I think that as long as it is a good story/game, regardless of how long it has been, people will buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnosmokey02
If they wait too long to release K3, they may as well just release a whole new game with a new story
Which may very well be exactly what they do. Doesn't make it a bad business decision.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,