Thread: [TSL] USM Released!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 02:43 AM   #114
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShemL
It was the new dialogue added. Lots of misspellings, along with punctuation errors, etc.

Anyway, I actually went back to fix those, but my KOTOR Tool crashes for some reason when I try to edit the dialogue files. If I was able to complete it, I was considering sending T7 the new updated files when completed. Then leave it open to you for an updated release.
The misspelling is my fault, I guess I need a proof reader for my dialogs One thing you should know is to not edit TSL dialogs with KT(it will corrupt the TSL dlg files) Use tk102's Dialog editor http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#de

Quote:
A minor thing was the Darth Bandon sabers. They're single bladed. In KOTOR, Darth Bandon used a double-bladed lightsaber. I did edit it for my personal use so they are double-bladed for my version, which I did a simple edit to the .uti files.
Well you see the thing about modding is that the modder gets to make the mod the way they want to. Making Bandons lightsaber Single bladed was a conscious decision by svösh, the model was intended for a K1 mod by another modder, Unfortunately the mod was not finnished before TSL was released.

Quote:
And another thing I personally think would make it cooler is lightsabers for the Sith Assassins. Scripting .ncs files isn't something I have knowledge of, and the SA's use a lot of the same tags, which leads to the SA's being idle on one of the maps on the Harbinger (Map 152HAR), and some of the Sith Soldiers use the same tags on the Freedon Nadd mission out in the field (Map 410DXN), and are idle as a result. Again, that my personal opinion about the SA's having sabers, but I strongly believe that it would be a very popular update.
Changing the weapons of npc's that use the same tag/utc isn't really a problem. Actually scripting it wouldn't be that difficult, however it is pretty time consuming to find all the references coding it then testing. The only SA that I gave sabers to are the ones you meet in Nadds temple on Dxun.

If you really want SA with sabers you might want to take a look at Prime's Putting the Sith Back in The Sith Lords There are several good examples in his mod which explains how to switch npc's appearances and weapons.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,