View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #47
TAW_Banzai
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Not calling you a liar, mind you, but if you have a direct line to the SWBF2 team, why did you need to have an amateur server and not an official one? Or are you citing this "DSManager" (I could find no info on it) as PROOF that you're official?
DSmanager is the GUI launcher that comes when you DL the dedicated server code.
Quote:
I'm surprised it took this long!
join the club.

Quote:
But if you want to take credit for starting the "amateur servers" phenomena by getting yours noticed and getting people to "remember", be my guest.
and what exactly would be a professional server?

Quote:
In any case, I took your posts to be bragging, hence my less than charitable sounding comments. It was like you were saying "well, if you suck up to us, some of our exclusive info might rub off on you!" Yech!
brag, i do not.

Quote:
It's now a public beta test, so unless you signed an NDA, I think it comes off as elitest BS.
I did, and now that things are in public, i can talk about them. that's why everyone that posted in our forums asking how we got a server running got thier posts moved.

Quote:
(though a popular tournament site I can see doing that just on that fact), but don't feel you have to lay it on thick to impress us.
that's exactly how we got in on it. We are one of the largest SWBF clans in the world. We have over 650 members spread between 13 sims.

Quote:
Anyway, not to flame or sound like I'm jealous (I'm not), I'm just disagreeing with the superior attitude I thought you were expressing earlier. Hope you understand!
i went back and re-read some of the garbage that i posted earlier. I could see how you'd say that.

Quote:
Any reason why? (Other than the obvious drain on system resources of course)
+1
paging captain obvious.
it needed to be said, otherwise someone would try to run two 64 players server on a P4 1.2ghz, 256 of ram and wonder why it lags.

TAW_Banzai is offline   you may: quote & reply,