View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #19
JofaGuht

Yeah, that was me. I was chasing music, which I don't really do anymore. But, never say never.

Walking through the forest is very estimulating until you walk right into one of those human-sized spiderwebs with one of those fat, angry garden spiders resting in the middle with her eggs. Then it can become somewhat disconcerting. That sort of thing won't happen to you as much when cruising pubs.

But come the time the leaves fall over here, which will be very soon, I'm going to spend quite a lot of my time in the woods. Far into the dip behind my house is a meadow. It's a very surreal place. Because where I live there are trees EVERYWHERE. So to be walking through the forest and all of a sudden walk into a very large area with absolutely no trees is really strange. The place has sort of become a sanctuary since then. But it's impossible to get there in the summer! So I'm looking forward to returning.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: