View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 02:00 AM   #23
JofaGuht

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Virus
Living in (near, in your case) St. Louis must be nice, I have a sudden interest in visiting it now...
Well I've got St. Louis pride but I'm not sure if I would have it if I didn't grow up there. Pretty much it's exactly like Kansas City. And Indianapolis and Cincinatti pretty much all the midwestern cities you can think of. There's some cool independent and cultured areas(though hard to find, they're the best places), some dangerous gang-infected areas(where I lived before we moved west), but the majority is the franchise, brand-name chains of stores and malls and restaurants like most of the US. Then you go west of that where I live and you get the third choice again, except more spaced out and with more methlabs. But the trees make up for it. Trees are very cool; I think they beat the crap out of Wal-Mart.

But at least St. Louis has it's own type of pizza. Which is also the best pizza. There's New York(pan crust with mozzarella), there's Chicago(deep dish with all kinds of cheese the majority of which is mozzarella), and the great St. Louis pizza (flat, crisp and flaky crust with PROVELONE cheese. Us St. Louisans seemed to be the only ones quick enough to catch onto the fact that provelone tastes much better than mozzarella on pizza.) Of course there's also California pizza, but that's not really pizza anyway.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: