View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #14
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Actually I flipped a coin, and started at the bottom of the page. I will work upward on any piece that has more than a 'I will write one' comment, and they will be critiqued in sequence. That means Sabretooth and RC1162 are up first.
What I am going to try to do as this goes on is do one for KOTOR or KOTOR 2, one for the historical Star Wars (Movies one to 6) and one for either the middle ground (Between 3 and for) or after the historical.
This will take a while to work out, you see I just came up with the idea last night and haven't put it in affect yet. As I will cut you slack, please do the same for me.
On a more serious tone than my posting above;

I have always hated the word ‘critic’ because anyone who has ever written or drawn anything hates the little twerp that can’t do, but will tell you at length what you did wrong. In fact we’ve all heard the old saying ‘those who can do. Those who can’t criticize’.
I like the word critique better. It means the same thing, except that while a critic will flame you just because he’s had a bad day, a critique lays out what you did wrong and need to work on.
So if I say 'this is what you did wrong, think of your teachers when you were in school. An honest one deesn't say 'This is S@@t, they say, 'you know if you did this instead...
And if I give you an attaboy, don't think it's cause I pity you.
It's because you did it right in my opinion.
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,