View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #139
StaffSaberist
DECEPTION IS FINISHED! :D

Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
It worked! In that case, I have no idea what is causing the other one to fail... I'm going to look in Rad - I GOT IT!!! Woohoo! Here was the n00b problem:

I was using a regular targetname, t1, to spawn the Scene_Jedi. So, the same trigger_once that was attached to the scriptrunner was connected to Scene_Jedi. I have no idea why, but for some reason that kept the thing from working. Now, he is walking as normal. Though, now I have a goofy camera problem to fix. No biggie, as I can work the cams no problem. YES!! I'm sure we all know how much suffering I could have avoided had I never targeted the Scene_Jedi, I mean, I would have had the answer days ago. This is more than a little embarassing.

Having got that script done (god, that feels good) I am putting all energy into mapping the first level.

OK, I'm a little hesitant to produce a screenshot, but I'd like to know what I can do to help "wit' da lighting". I want to have a sort of dark atmosphere, considering where we are in the plot line (the dark side is winning at this point) and I do have a nice, soft, t3_rift fog. Though I would like that fog to be thicker, since it has yet to interfere with framerate. Anyway, there are some dark spots on the map and I was thinking it's a tad too dark. I want the light of the whole level raised, just a little, but _minlight seems to be ignored by the game.

Yeah, I kinda like the way the lighting turned out, but I want a small addition to the light of the level. Also, if you see any major issues with the texture, or the archi, let me know.

I've been having some sound issues. the sound plays all right, but I don't think you guys want to see this every time it loops:

WARNING: xxx.wav is not 22k format

So, I'm trying to find a way to convert the 44k .wav sound into a 22k .wav sound. It hasn't been easy.

Anyway, the screenie. The screen came out too dark, and I have adjusted the brightness as well as I can. Which is actually very close to what it is.

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ighting8su.jpg

I've run into another issue. Notice the crystal pillar on the left. The pillar is this very odd stripey metallic color, but it looks nothing like that in Radiant. It may just be my compilation method.

Also, a scripting question. shukrallah, in JO, it was easy to make a copy of the player: You created an NPC_Kyle. But I am having trouble doing the equivalent in JA. There is no NPC_player. And I would really like to be able to do this. It won't be the end of the world if I can't, but it would help.

I've scrapped the old cutscene. It was a way to learn how it works. Now, a step up: Having groups of NPC's follow nearby navgoals to allow for better tactics. It is going well at this point, but I haven't gotten into scripting it, yet. Boy, what a jumble of navgoals! I do have them all named, it will help...

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic

Last edited by StaffSaberist; 11-02-2005 at 10:31 PM.
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,