View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #141
Location: The United States of America... and damn proud of it!
OK. Found NPC player. Prefs said I was in SP mode, but I selected it anyway, closed, reopened, and it was there.

Converting .wav files. I have a soundtrack of no less than 12 .wav files, and 7-8 of them ar various music files I may/may not use. All of it is from Kotor, because there is no JA theme which accurately depicts what I intend to do.

EDIT - Wonderful news - I managed to successfully replace the old script with a new one. It is a beautiful thing, really. It commands 13 NPC's: 6 Jedi, 6 Sith, and 1 NPC_player whom I modestly call "Master_Korr". It starts with the camera looking at the Sith and Stormies as they move into position. Then, it pans over to the Jedi as they prepare for the battle. Then, the camera pans over to the other side of the battle, showing both sides. This I cannot do with too many more Npc's.

Then, BS_cinematic is turned off. Since the two sides are 30 units apart... all hell breaks loose.

I say this becuase my saber staff didn't even get a word in edgewise. I couldn't do too much damage without accidentally killing luke, kyle or a jedi. I noticed the Jedi Npc's don't care if you saber kyle or luke, but if you kill a fellow jedi... they turn on you. But I learned a valuable lesson. Not so much about scripting this time as I did about gameplay. All I had to do was sit back and watch. Actually, it was all I could do. I will need to spread out the attacks just a bit. It'll also make for a more fast-paced, heart-pounding, exilarating I'd-better-watch-my-back kind of a level. Much better than I could have anticipated in the beginning of this project, anyway.

As I said before, this octagonal room is the only room this level. It won't work any other way. Too many Npc's going at it to even begin to build more of a level. It will be a levelset, it will have side-plots, which can award more knowledge into the Force, and it definitely WILL be kick-arse by the time I get done. The progress I have made is amazing, to me. Let me see if I have a screenshot of what this level originally looked like... no, I don't.

This level was originally a cube. Most of it was unlit, with neon colered exceptions. It had tons of odd ziggarauts and pillars to hide the fact it was a cube. It was, to put it in a word, crud. Now... now it looks like a level should. At least, it's getting closer to it. I still request a little help on lighting, it's a bit too dark, and I would like to know about that silvery crystal pillar. It just looks wrong.

Deception, the best SP level-set in the world, is done! Get it here!
"Query: What is it you wish, fat one?" - HK-47 at his best
I have begun modding TSL. Check it out here. and My Fanfic

Last edited by StaffSaberist; 11-03-2005 at 01:18 AM.
StaffSaberist is offline   you may: quote & reply,