View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 05:08 AM   #26
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
heres chap four. it seems a bit crappy to me, give me your suggestions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUR

The doors slid open and Mace Windu stepped into the room closely followed by three other Jedi.
“Master Windu. I take it General Grievous has been destroyed then. I must say, you're here sooner than expected.” Palpatine said in an unsuspecting manner.
“In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest, Chancellor.” Mace replied in a commanding tone.
One by one, all four of them ignited their lightsabers
“Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?” Palpatine asked calmly.
“The Senate will decide your fate.” Mace replied.
“I am the Senate!” said Palpatine angrily.
“Not yet!” Mace replied.
Palpatine stood.
“Its treason, then.” he said and a lightsaber appeared out of his cloak sleeve. Igniting it, he began to fight.
A few seconds into the fight, Palpatine cut down the three Jedi with Mace. Turning back, he continued fighting with Mace.
Fiercely they fought, making their way to Palpatine’s main office area.

As they continued fighting, a speeder set down upon the landing pad. Anakin jumped out and ran down the corridor leading to Palpatine’s office.

Mace launched a lightsaber sweep aiming for Sidious’ neck but the Sith Lord ducked and Mace’s blow hit the window instead, shattering it. Sidious brought his lightsaber up and slashed at Mace. Mace hastily blocked the blow, backing onto the ledge, twenty stories up. Fighting furiously while keeping himself from falling over, Mace saw the doors slide open and Anakin step into the room. Curiosity getting the better of him, Palpatine made as if to turn but stooped himself. Too late. Gaining advantage, Mace knocked the lightsaber out of Sidious’ hand.
“You are under arrest, My Lord.” Mace said.
Palpatine’s response was directed to Anakin.
“Anakin! I told you it would come to this. I was right. The Jedi are taking over.” he shouted in desperation.
“You old fool. The oppression of the Sith will never return. Your plot to regain control of the Republic is over . . . you have lost . . .” Mace said to him confidently.
“No! No! You will die!”
Raising his hands, Palpatine shot out lightning at Mace but the latter raised his lightsaber and blocked the bolts. The force of the deflection pushed Sidious onto the window sill.
“He is a traitor, Anakin.” Sidious said as he continually fed lightning bolts to Mace’s saber.
“He's the traitor. Stop him!” Mace yelled.
“Come to your senses, boy. The Jedi are in revolt. They will betray you, just as they betrayed me.”
“You are not one of them, Anakin. Don't let him kill me.” Sidious persisted. “I am your pathway to power. I have the power to save the one you love. You must choose. You must stop him.”
“Don't listen to him, Anakin.” Mace managed to let out.
Strangely, Sidious’ own lightning seemed to be causing him as much trouble as it was to Mace.
Mace reached out to the Force and pushed, and Sidious was on the ledge. As Mace came closer, the bolts Sidious directed at Mace began to arch back from the lightsaber and affecting him. Sidious’ features began to distort. His eyes became yellow as he struggled to kill Mace. Suddenly, he stopped, pale and weak, he dropped to the ground.
“I can't ... I give up. Help me. I am weak ... I am too weak. Don't kill me. I give up. I'm dying. I can't hold on any longer.” he whimpered.
“I am going to end this once and for all.” Mace replied, lightsaber held high.
“You can't kill him, Master. He must stand trial.” Anakin said worriedly.
“He has too much control of the Senate and the Courts. He is too dangerous to be kept alive.” Mace replied.
“I'm too weak. Don't kill me. Please.” Sidious pleaded once more.
“It is not the Jedi way . . .” Anakin said.
Mace ignored him and prepared to kill Sidious.
“He must live . . .”
“Please don't, please don't …”
“I need him . . .”
“Please don't . . .”
“NO!!!” Anakin yelled.
Mace brought down his lightsaber. Quick as a beam of light, Anakin ignited his lightsaber and lopped off Mace saber arm. Mace stared at Anakin in horror. Sidious, all pleading and fear lost, sprang up and launched another barrage of lightning at Mace.
"Power!" Sidious screamed. "Unlimited power!"
Unable to block it in time, Mace was carried along with the lightning and flew out of the window.

Mace Windu, Jedi Master awoke with a start. Six months ago the dream had happened. Now he was re-living it during sleep. He had never wanted to train Anakin in the first place. The boy was too old, and everyone in the Council had agreed with that. It was Obi Wan’s threat of not following the Council that led Yoda to grant Anakin a place in the Jedi Order.
Mace sighed. Now the only Jedi left were him and Tara.
On cue, Tara entered the room. Mace was training her as a last ditch effort to save the Galaxy. He would have had more luck if he had known that Obi Wan and Yoda were alive too, but Obi Wan’s message could not be relayed to Manaan and Mace was on the planet by the time. Now they lived in a spacious apartment complex.
“What happened?” Mace asked, referring to Tara’s wet, torn and scorched robes. And hand.
“The darn combat droids ambushed me.” She replied in an annoyed tone.
“Well, you have to be alert.”
“Sure, the only thing is that they took to hand-to-hand combat and one of those junkpiles knocked me off my feet into the Manaan seas.”
Mace had no reply for this.
“And my lightsabers got fried.” Tara continued.
“They’ll recharge.”
“No, I mean literally.”
Tara took out the lightsaber handles and dropped them on the table. It looked as if they exploded from the inside. All the wiring was fried, short circuits most probably, the focusing crystals had shattered and half of the hilt casings were missing.
“A Selkath Electric eel nudged them.”
Mace flinched at the thought of what one could do to a human.
“Oh well,” he replied. “Let’s go to Ilum. While I was still on the Council six months ago, Luminara reported that Ilum was growing power crystals too.”
“What about the other things?” Tara asked.
“Tatooine.”
Tara nodded and followed her Master out of the apartment.

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer

Last edited by RC 1162; 11-14-2005 at 11:49 AM.
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,