View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:20 PM   #1339
Fred Tetra
Kotor Tool Guy

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuu
Help please Trying to gff edit my g_w_lghtsbr79.uti, whn i try to edit any line in the properties it produces this:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: '0' is not a valid value for 'index'.
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(In t32 value)
at kotor_tool.frmUTI_Editor.dgProperties_DoubleClick( Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventAr gs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

<snip>

Ack! Never did that before...................

Do I have to make a new .uti and start over or is this something I can work through/fix?

Thanks,
Fuu
Have you ever edited the file outside of Kotor Tool? Does it depend on changes to 2DA files to work? If so, make sure you have the required 2DA files in the Override directory and make sure the Look in Game's Override folder for 2DA files checkbox is ticked on the Kotor Tool Options form

Kotor Tool Developer
http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

"You want to help everyone who asks for aid, answer all of their questions, write that crucial bit of code for which they're searching, and be the hero who saves the day (and their job), but there comes a point when you realize that sleep is sometimes necessary."
—Stephen Toub

Visit the Kotor Tool Forum
Fred Tetra is offline   you may: quote & reply,