View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 PM   #8
ZeroX2

Have you ever actually tried the Saber Staff?

You sound like you've argued this in the past, so I'll just go and quote your old posts.

Quote:
Hey, even I will admit that there are such things as skilled staffers.
There we go. =)

Quote:
My main problem with staff is that from a technical standpoint, it utterly eviscerates single in both speed and power/damage over time...
The Single Saber has range. Range (in the hands of a skilled player) beats the damage of the Saber Staff.

Quote:
And the backflip escape that no other style has an equivalent to...
The backflip move is pretty useless - it's very difficult to actually hit somebody with it (as it is very easy to dodge), and if you're simply using it to evade, you'd be better off with a normal jump (so you're not locked in place).

Quote:
And the gross Saber Offense imbalance in full force...
The Saber Staff doesn't have quite as much need for Saber Offense, true, but it is still certainly valuable. It does allow the saber to have a greater chance of breaking through an enemy block (don't get that mixed up with a saber lock, as many do - it does, of course, help with that too though).

Quote:
Staff will tend to win vs single if they sit there and just abuse side slash sweeps if you do anything...
That's incredibly easy to beat - especially with the Single Saber (remember - range is your friend). On any good server a player slashing like that will be mowed down in seconds.

Quote:
Single saber only for me. I prefer to have something called skill required than simply alternating left and right diagonals
Every saber has spammy/cheap moves (though out of them all, the Single Saber seems to have the most useful ones), and any player can use these. You say the Single Saber is the only one that requires skill, but have you really taken a look in depth at the other saber types? Many players, including myself, would go so far as to say that they require more skill to use properly. Perhaps it's because I played a lot of Jedi Outcast, but I find the Single Saber far easier to use than any other type.

Quote:
I recall consistently killing you with yellow sideslash counter tactics
You said somewhere that you dislike the side-slashing windmill tactics of the Saber Staff, and yet you use the same tactics with the Single Saber?

Quote:
The only real weapon yellow has against dual and staff...
Remember, the Single Saber comes with three styles that should be used as one.

Quote:
Staff and dual are automatically unbalanced in FFA due to point spending issues and their relative power.
Covered above.

Quote:
staff and dual DO have less options
Exactly. This makes them weaker. The element of surprise is a requirement when fighting skilled players. The Single Saber wins here, again.

Quote:
You can switch to yellow, do it's sweep backstab, then switch on the second blade for nice damage via the second blade.
That doesn't really make much of a difference, actually.

I use both the Single Saber and the Saber Staff, and I perform significantly better when using the former. I believe it is easier to use.

That's all for now.

Edit: How dare people post things while I'm typing my message? =/
ZeroX2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,