View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:57 PM   #15
floundericious
Rookie

Alternative strategy

Ok, i had a very nice post and the fraggin site just ATE it..I was logged in but then it said "please log in, Floundericious!" and when I did, it devoured my post and told me I was on an invalid thread!!!!!! ARRR!!!
Ok, the short short version:

.................................................. TEMPLE

......................................|Stairs|.... ..........|Stairs|
....................[][][][][][]{}[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]{}[][][][][]
...................[]...........*...................................... ...*.........[]
...................[]...........*...................................... ...*.........[]
...................{}..........*.................. .......................*.........{}
...................[].......BOX A.............CENTER...............BOX B...[]
...................{}..........*.................. .......................*.........{}
....................[][][][][][]{}[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]{}[][][][][]
......................................|Stairs|.... ..........|Stairs|

.................................................. TEMPLE

----------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly CPs: Temple (bottom), BOX A
Enemy CPs: Temple (top), BOX B
Neutral CPs: CENTER

[] = Mezzanine level
* = Walkways beside BOX A/B
{} = Openings in mezzanine walls

1. Spawn at temple as trooper, go ASAP to top of stairs on right side and onto the mezzanine (upper ledge with windows)..maneuver until you're at the opening looking towards BOX B and along the length of the enemy's walkway
2. Strafe enemy soldiers with grenades and rifle fire while your forces take the CENTER cp
3. Maneuver to {} on right near BOX B and continue strafing soldiers until you see friendlies at the bottom of the ramp from the walkway into the pit
4. Work your way, strafing as you go (ESPECIALLY THE TURRET), down to the walkway and approach the BOX B cp
5. Reload your rifle and then charge into BOX B. Go to the med droid, crouch and kill any spawns until CP is yours.
6. Go either to the tunnel where the enemy is entering the arena or out the side passages (to flank the enemy Temple)

Essentially, you're capturing the high ground first, laying suppressing fire on the enemy CP while your forces melee in the middle for the CENTER cp. Then you are catching the enemy in a crossfire and capturing their high-ground CP (even if you've lost the CENTER cp at this point, you can retake it from the high ground). Then you're either helping at the kill zone (tunnel) or are thinning the enemy reinforcements as they try to enter the tunnel. The enemy should deplete and your side should be easily victorious.

That's what I usually do and have no problems...

(EDIT BELOW HERE)
P.S.

The whole tactic behind this is to allow your troops to do what they're going to do anyways (attempt to flood the floor of the arena and then take the boxes and then take the temple). What YOU are doing is thinning out the reinforcements before they can become a threat to your forces. That means that you're not charging headlong into the enemy...rather you're flanking and suppressing.

You'll find many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by floundericious; 11-18-2005 at 03:42 PM. Reason: P.S. item
floundericious is offline   you may: quote & reply,