Thread: Future?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:33 PM   #4
JofaGuht

Destruction, sorrow, and hunger? Sounds like a democrat. I'm a democrat too, mostly, but still all my liberal friends and their pessimism bug the crap out of me. That's the problem with democrats in the US. It's all "Perhaps we should try to overthrow the Bush admistration. On the other hand, it's pointless cause we're all doomed anyway."

Sorry, rant over. Humans can be very stupid, but I still don't doubt my hopes. I'm the kind of guy argues with their English teacher on the subject of how full of **** William Golding is. Humans can do evil things, but I just plain don't believe that humans are naturally evil. I get this from going concerts or hanging out at an all-night diner at 3:00 am; strangers are cool.

However, technological dependency is a different thing. But that's something I often think about. If I were to seclude myself from civilisation, how would I do? I'm still not sure. I think I could do it, but it's a lot easier to say it than do it.

Computer intellegence is an excellent topic. I think science fiction still hasn't firmly came up with a plausible idea for it. If they were to form their own identities and intellegence, they would be as different from humans that humans are from cockroaches. They learn 5,000 times faster than we do, and we would NEVER be able to find out how their thought processes work, because you'd have to be superintellegent to understand a superintellegence...ho ho.

But my previous post sort of tells how I feel about the future, which is I'm really not sure. But, just in the case the world does end in 2012, I'm gonna make the most of the time I have. If it doesn't end, and I'm an optimist as usual.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,