View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
jedi-Guard
Rookie

Hrmmm i made a small progress but i have been a bad jedi too.
Couple of day ago, i was wonder if there is a way to protect the server against ---> jamsgbof.cfg.
My server is being attacked by idiots ( sorry my language ) too many times now, so i downloaded the file my self and started an investigation.
Which server is protected vs jamsgbof.cfg.
Out of 20 to 50 JA servers with mods and none mods only 1 server did crash ( sorry again that i did crash servers ).
I made a copy and added more text in the jamsgbof.cfg still nothing, i tried the last time with the original, but nop. Then i tried it on my server with the original jamsgbof.cfg, well my server went to sleep very fast.
I actually found the owner of that server, i asked the owner if i could get a copy of this Server.cfg, I did, nothing special in it just pure mess in it, i suspect hes still learning about his JA+ mod server.
I Ask the owner of that stable server alot about his server and hardware configurations, he seems to understand what ram is and couple of other things, but not on professionel level. ( didnt get far with that )
Then i tried to compare his server.cfg and my server.cfg i used his on my server.cfg and i did the exec jamsgbof.cfg, what happen ? bad news my server crashed, didnt help.
I tried with Unofficial JAWinded.exe and with Official jamp.exe ---> Bad news again, didnt work.
I suspect its a hardware protection vs that buffer overflow, i simply need help to solv this problem, since there wont be a new patch on its way.

I NEED IDEAS AND MORE TO SOLV THIS AND I STILL GOT MORE IDEAS TO TEST MY SELF, PLEASE ADD HERE SO WE CAN SOLV IT AND FIX IT.

Thank you all for reading and supporting.
jedi-Guard is offline   you may: quote & reply,