Thread: Future?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #16
JofaGuht

Wait....What post are you quoting? I never said those things!!!

It was one of those posts where it was late and I was writing completely stream-of-conciousnessly hoping something smart would come out and nothing did.

I really know very little about society and econimics. I'm more insterested in the psychology of people, and that's the only basis of my future opinion right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Virus
I would have loved to live 50 years ago (not in my country, when I would have needed to endure Perón and the several military take overs). Even though people were afraid of the end of the world in the hands of both; the fact that two opposing powers were leading the world (the USSR and the USA) made it impossible for one of them to make a stupid movement (like starting a war without a clear cause), for the other one would take action against it, and so on. But since the Soviet Empire has fallen, we only have one ruling empire country which is constantly trying to take over the...well, you get my point.
It's true it may have been simpler government-wise, but let's not forget things like the lack of industry safety & inspection (you think we're polluting our world now? Not nearly as much as we were then), lack of labor laws, segregation & the lack of civil rights....that's a time I would've not liked to live in (because I think I'm getting ripped off at my job now). But then again, I'm biased because I learn history from the US's point of view, which is doesn't concern a lot of things. The problems I listed earlier were problems here; I'm not sure if they were everywhere.

On the other hand; the music was better and you were allowed to smoke inside without being publicly beaten to death.

Quote:
Finally, I'll check one of David Lynch's movies tomorrow.
::instantly posts new thread::

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,