Thread: Future?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 06:09 PM   #18
JofaGuht

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Virus
I like psychology as well; I tend to care more about society, though. Of course, both are closely related.
True. John Locke was a philsospher who said government was basically a magnification of the boundaries we put on ourselves, as well as just instinct in general.

Quote:
Where do you work at?
I don't work there anymore, but I just came off of working at a Halloween Superstore where I got paid $6/hr full-time. They wouldn't give me days off and on one day they fired four people and I was left alone on the floor (the sunday before Halloween, might I tell you). But I realize I still had it better off than some people.

I think it's safe to say I know very little about society, so take my opinions as a grain of salt. They aren't very researched or thought-out opinions. I'm just going by the little I know already.

Quote:
D'you smoke?
I'm not a habitual smoker, but I'll have a cigarette (cloves, preferably) from time to time socially. But you don't have to smoke to realize that the anti-smoking craze is absolutely overbearing and even quite discriminatory. But that's a debate for another time.

Quote:
You know what really bothers me? (well, It doesn't bother me that much, but it sounds better if I exaggerate); that not many people venture into posting at the GF Forums.
Well, it's like we've got our own private little corner, where people are much smarter and nicer than those of....well...Monkey Island.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,