Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #9
JofaGuht

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Virus
All right, as I mentioned earlier, I bought "Twin Peaks" Season 1 on Sunday. Believe it or not, I have watched all of the 7 episodes (plus the Pilot, which I'm not sure if it revealed the killer or not). And what this tells you is that it is a pretty addictive programme (besides the fact that I have no life, of course)
Hell yeah it is. I knew it would get to you because of the fact it's such a full and created world. The pilot didn't reveal the killer since I think I'm not sure whether or not they knew who the killer was when they wrote that pilot (well Lynch probably did, but he probably didn't tell Frost because Lynch does stuff like that). The second season finally reveals it but honestly, know that you've gotten to know the characters and the feel of the world its time to watch the film that is its prequel.

Quote:
-The humor; it's not that I do not like it, it is neccessary to balance the tension created by the situation. However, I've always had something about getting laughter and seriousness together. But after ep. 2 (or was it 3?, anyway, the one about Cooper's dream) I realised that I could certainly cope with it.
I think the very strong lead does great to balance it. He's such a great character. Plus: "this must be where pies go when they die.....". Point made.

If it does bother you, that's why you've got to check out that amazing film I keep talking about. The humor that you find in the show is present for the first half an hour, then it completely disappears and enters dread. See that film.

Quote:
About IMDB, I can't take a site which has got (not one, but two!) "Star Wars" movies on top of their Science Fiction list. Besides, letting any idiot rate a movie is just wrong...
I think the stupidity of it is that Star Wars is not in the least bit Science Fiction, but Fantasy.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,