Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #25
JofaGuht

Keep on the quiet, Charie. I haven't seen the film yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Virus
I think Firefly is avalaible, did it last for long, or was it cancelled right away?
It was cancelled after half a season. But on DVD word of mouth was able to get it to a huge cult status. Whedon eventually made a movie that resolved the series called "Serenity".

Quote:
I have never seen Star Trek, the story didn't appeal to me, and the retro channel stopped airing it. But, I should have given it a try, I guess I was turned off by the cult of the show.
Oldschool Star Trek wasn't that good but Next Generation was pretty strong. Now, that being said, I'm not recommending the show, I was just wondering if you're into it. I can't get into shows that don't have arcs and stories longer than an episode, and Star Trek was always pure standalone. Yet some of the standalone stories were really strong science fiction. It's fun to watch when on, but I wouldn't go out and try to find the DVDs.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,