Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 02:57 PM   #28
JofaGuht

I know Charie. I was just warning you before you did say something I shouldn't know.

In discussion of Eraserhead.....I don't know. There can be very many topics to sprout from it. Any particular point of the film you want to get into? To say one thing, perhaps my favorite part of the film is the final shot, right before it blacks out. I think it's got to be the one of the best final shots of a film period.

X-Files was again mostly standalone. But along with Star Trek I enjoyed it for the intriguing Science Fiction plots, and the chemistry between Duchovney and Anderson. I also recall hearing a recent interview about how if X-Files would've started now it would easily be cancelled in less than a season. Back in the early nineties when people were taking risks though, the x-files lead to be on for nine years. As for the original Star Trek, it had a strong three years that lead to six films and four spinoffs and four films of one of the spinoffs. So I'm really not one to go about how a network screwed them over. I mean technically Angel was cancelled too but I wouldn't have it any other way because it was on for five great years and ended perfectly.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,