Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 10:52 AM   #47
JofaGuht

Quote:
do Disney Productions count as Disney?..
Not really, since Miramax was basically Disney for some time (not anymore, of course). Not to mention that Pixar, for their first handful of films, was said to be a Disney/Pixar film, and Disney really didn't do anything other than merchandising, Pixar made the entirety of their films, and Disney took 51% of the profit. As Pixar grew to be more powerful, they finally fought to change that, which is why when you see a TV spot it's no longer a "Disney/Pixar film", now it's Disney presents a Pixar film. Very different things.

Of course I only know these silly facts because of tidbits on film business, ho ho ho.....what? Okay! So I'm a fan of Pixar! It's out in the open. Monsters Inc. was amazing. Stop looking at me.

Quote:
Only the artist himself truly knows what he is and can name it.
Just because an artist is an artist (even a brilliant one) doesn't always mean they can't be an egotistic ass.

Quote:
What was your final impression on both shows?
Deadwood was one of those shows where I said, "Oh, I'll need to see that" then didn't because I forgot. This can happen to me on a week-by-week basis.

Carnivale was very hard to get into for me. It had great atmosphere and a rich story, but a little too many characters and it didn't pull me in or involve me. I had to concentrate to get into it. But then the second season happened, and I can tell you the specific episode where that all changed. I think they got too much into the atmosphere in the first season and forgot about the emotion, but when they finally brought the emotion in come mid-way second season I realized how truly excellent the show was.

...And after that revelation, of course they cancelled it five episodes later.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,