Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #55
JofaGuht

Quote:
I don't understand what does Existentialism really mean, but I thought it was a very pessimistic way to view the world.
Actually, it can be used as a pessimistic mindset, but it's really not that pessimistic. Not nearly as much as Nihilism, at least. I don't know, either way, I've always been way more into Taoism.

Quote:
About Dali - I not once wondered if I'm completely stupid not to adore him as most of my acquaintance do. I don't feel Dali, even if I admit that he was a fabulous painter.
I'm not as much into Dali as I used to be, but it's true that the paintings aren't quite as vast when it comes to emotion. Everyonce and a while, they give off a delightful air of nightmarish confusion (I'm a fan of darkness, by the way) but Dali uses far too many motifs for that to happen consistently. Still "The Hallucinogenic Toreador" is probably my favorite painting ever.

When it comes to surrealist artists, right now, Steven Cerio. Actually I'd consider it more "psychadelic art" than "surreal". Either way, trippy yet freaking brilliant stuff.

How about Magritte? Any of you into him at all?

Quote:
Well, I didn't think of that much, mostly because it concerns philosophy, which I despise. Along with psychology. Would gladly put both in a sack and drown in the deepest of Marianas Trench. As scientific disciplines, at least. In my experience, they only give you headache (or worse) and bring no profit whatsoever.
....Uhhh....que? I think I'll just stop and say "different strokes". Sometimes I forget that stuff can be subjective since so much of my mindset and life is based on working out the puzzle of the universe, and when I'm not doing that, I'm working out the puzzle of humanity. And when I'm not doing that, I'm watching cartoons.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,