View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 06:16 AM   #124
Charie
Rookie

VampireNaomi
Quote:
I think I'll start by admitting that Charie may have been right all along.
Oh, the balsam on my heart .

Quote:
About afterlife, does anyone believe in reincarnation? I'm positive that I was once a dog, no matter how utterly ridiculous it may sound. Laugh if you want, I don't mind.
I certainly won't laugh, if you mean this seriously - and you seem to. Why do you think you were a dog? And what kind of a dog: a slad dog, or a house-pet, or a hound, or a stray one? That's important.
I neither believe nor disbelieve in reincarnation, I just like the idea. It sounds interesting. If I had some previous life, I guess it would have been only once, a long time ago, and I wouldn't have been any sentient creature. A pebble fallen in lava.

Quote:
However, what I don't like in the idea of reincarnation is that eventually you join the world spirit and become one with everyone else. Loosing one's individuality sounds awful.
Is there such an idea, indeed? I think there are different concepts of reincarnation. Besides, 'loosing one's individuality' somehow contradicts the main idea, don't you think? There still must be left something of you, like a core, a basement of a soul, for reincarnation to posess some meaning. Loosing one's individual memories is different, however that is also arguable. Everything is arguable - and sort of impossible to prove - when it concerns Gods, reincarnations and other creations of idle human mind.

Quote:
Out of interest, do either of you believe in any sort of god or heigher being?
What about you?
I believe in Allah. Don't have much choice here, figuratively speaking; plus, 'people believe what they want to believe', Nick got it quite right.

Last edited by Charie; 12-28-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Charie is offline   you may: quote & reply,