View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 AM   #125
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Why do you think you were a dog? And what kind of a dog: a slad dog, or a house-pet, or a hound, or a stray one? That's important.
I have no idea. It's just a feeling that I've had ever since I was a child. And I don't know what kind of dog I might have been either. Just a silly hunch that won't go away.

Quote:
Is there such an idea, indeed?
In Hinduism at least, I think. The idea is that once you've lived a life good enough you can break free from the chain of being born again and again and become part of the world spirit which is what all souls crave for. Individuality is nothing but an illusion and in reality we're all part of a greater being instead of our own person.

Quote:
I think there are different concepts of reincarnation.
Most likely. However, I only know the one I mentioned earlier.

Quote:
What about you?
I do believe in something, but I'm not quite sure what. I call myself Christian, but I don't think I'm a true one. I'm sure there is God, in some form at least.

Quote:
I believe in Allah. Don't have much choice here, figuratively speaking; plus, 'people believe what they want to believe', Nick got it quite right.
Really? Why do you think you have no choice? Family pressures or something else? You're the first person who I've met who believes in Allah, online or real life. Then again, I don't really see a difference between Him and the God Christians and Jews believe in.

EDIT: El Virus, the delete option should be the first thing you see when you try to edit a message. If that still doesn't work for you, I can delete the double post, if you want.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may: quote & reply,