Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 AM   #58
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charie
You don't really expect me to read that manuscript, do you? I'd better ask father, who was very interested in philosophy in the past. *checks the list of subjects she has to ask father about*
No, I don't even expect you to check the links; I just provide information and resources from time to time.
But the good thing about speeches is that they tend to be long texts, and most of it is just a rambling of redundant information put into odd words; the point is always summed up in last paragraph.

As the last sentence reads: "It is a doctrine of action, and it is only by self-deception, by confining their own despair with ours that Christians can describe us as without hope"; which was useful to explain whether it was a pessimistic doctrine or not.

Quote:
This is vague, hence disputable. After all, one can't create something without using his own experiences and personality, which would result in some symbols anyway. I don't think that symbolism and 'deep veiled meaning' are the same.
Indeed.
But I always found Symbolism and deepness to be closely related; the first being a broader term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JofaGuht
I don't know, either way, I've always been way more into Taoism.
What got you into Taoism?
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,