Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #59
El Virus
No, I don't even expect you to check the links
Hey hey hey! Easy there, I did check the link. I just thought I didn't have the time to read it at the moment, and I'd simply forget about it later.

But the good thing about speeches is that they tend to be long texts, and most of it is just a rambling of redundant information put into odd words; the point is always summed up in last paragraph
Oops, this didn't occur to me. Suppose I didn't read much speeches lately.

"It is a doctrine of action, and it is only by self-deception, by confining their own despair with ours that Christians can describe us as without hope"; which was useful to explain whether it was a pessimistic doctrine or not.
Even better, now: I feel accused of self-deception and - what was the other one? - of 'confining my own despair with yours'. The most depressing is the fact that this is the naked truth; it's just that self-deception is my way of viewing the world. Because I like it. Call that weak, I'm not denying. The most pessimistic thing about your precious Existentialism is that it sounds too much like rough realism, which is definitely overrated.

But I always found Symbolism and deepness to be closely related; the first being a broader term.
Hm? I thought the opposite.
I guess they are just different . Symbolism as a genre, and deepness as a description.
Charie is offline   you may: quote & reply,