Thread: David Lynch
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 PM   #59
Charie
Rookie

El Virus
Quote:
No, I don't even expect you to check the links
Hey hey hey! Easy there, I did check the link. I just thought I didn't have the time to read it at the moment, and I'd simply forget about it later.

Quote:
But the good thing about speeches is that they tend to be long texts, and most of it is just a rambling of redundant information put into odd words; the point is always summed up in last paragraph
Oops, this didn't occur to me. Suppose I didn't read much speeches lately.

Quote:
"It is a doctrine of action, and it is only by self-deception, by confining their own despair with ours that Christians can describe us as without hope"; which was useful to explain whether it was a pessimistic doctrine or not.
Even better, now: I feel accused of self-deception and - what was the other one? - of 'confining my own despair with yours'. The most depressing is the fact that this is the naked truth; it's just that self-deception is my way of viewing the world. Because I like it. Call that weak, I'm not denying. The most pessimistic thing about your precious Existentialism is that it sounds too much like rough realism, which is definitely overrated.

Quote:
But I always found Symbolism and deepness to be closely related; the first being a broader term.
Hm? I thought the opposite.
I guess they are just different . Symbolism as a genre, and deepness as a description.
Charie is offline   you may: quote & reply,