View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:14 PM   #139
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireNaomi
Wow, that's unbelievable. Can't you complain to someone or even sue whoever is in charge? Or are there any other possible schools in the area? How can they expect anyone to put any effort into their studies in a environment like that?
Nah, it's a waste of time.
I agree with what you say, but they tend to avoid me anyway.

The good thing about my school is that it's educational level is better than that of a public school, and it gives me the chance to take many international exams.

The problem here is that public schools are in even worse conditions, and their education is eclipsed by the strikes the teachers cause (they are paid far too little; and it's an important job; I knew a public school teacher who had to work as a cab driver and a nurse as well, just to mantain his family) and the amazingly great scholar program which leaves a lot to wish for (history for instance, is one subject which is thought the wrong way); etc.

I would love to be home-schooled, but it's not a common thing here.

School is a thing, which to the surprise of some, I loathe. It will sound arrogant, but the things that I have learnt alone are those that still tick with me (not that I haven't learnt anything at that place; but what I mostly get is nervous problems); I do hesitantly recognize its importance.

Quote:
Private investigator? That would be awsome. I think you've got the right state of mind to be one of those world-weary detectives you see in the old movies. At least you know enough about history, politics, philosphy etc. to have interesting internal monologues. Good luck with chasing your dream.
Many people think that I take Film Noir far too seriously. But it has more to do with the fact that I can do the same as a 'forensic scientist' but without a boss (and working mostly by myself; paradise indeed).
The way I put it, it seemed as if it would only require 6 months of university. It actually is a six-month course and 5 + years in medicine and laws.

What about you? Do you have any idea of what you will do?

Quote:
I don't really know what to say to your problem with the Catholic Church. The situation your describe is alien to me and I have no idea what it is like to live in a country where the church has so much power. As you said, the church should have no say in politics. Didn't some very important guy say that? Martin Luther or someone like that?
Uhuh, and the funniest thing is that some sources show that countries which have separated the Church from the State (and have a big percentage of non-believers) are doing better on every sense (except on suicide rates).

Quote:
Ow, didn't even think of him. I really should visit the Lenin Museum some time to get to know these things.
I'm planning to go to Europe in the near future (in about 1-2 years), and that is one of the places I'm looking forward to visiting.
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,