View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #45
Samuel Dravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTemplar
Oh, yes, Miller is always worth your time. He absolutely eviscerated the Dover Dolts...
Yeah, he did. If you've read the court documents here, it really shows. Personally I think it's amazing that the board could decide that it was appropriate to put ID in schools in the first place.

Something about the video though - He says here's the evidence for in between species with Ambulocetans natans (I believe), but I'm not sure how much evidence there actually is for it. Reconstructions are fine, but I'm wondering exactly how much of the skeleton was found to base it on. (about 30mins in)

However, the evidence he presents later, using chromosome 2, is unambiguous and quite clear. He makes his point very well. I really don't see how anyone can continue to believe ID in the same way as it was presented at the trial (as an alternative to evolution).

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei

"Words are deeds." - Wittgenstein

Last edited by Samuel Dravis; 01-09-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Samuel Dravis is offline   you may: quote & reply,