View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #5
JiltedSoulM8_76
Lurker

>>if you don't know how to map in the first place, I don't really see how you could make an existing professional map any better, anyway.<<
thats a pretty huge assumption Lassev, besides I never said I don't know HOW to make a new map i just implied it would likely be of noob quality if i did..what can i say I like to aim high..who would've thought I'd need a lawyer just to get a gdamn editing tip from an editing message board. I've never met so much secrecy and stinginess in a game modding community as the jka community its as if everyone has copyrighted LucasArts and Raven material for themselves. maybe I just am not getting something.
when I was being a part of the battlezone modding community, no one seemed so possessive of their mods because Activision, made it clear that anything they did or had done using elements of their game was subject to their copyright policies.. so everyone just accepted the fact and had fun..of course people wanted recognition for their work, but you seldom found people refusing to help one another with tools and tips as to how to work on existing works because the whole idea of modding is to modify an existing work plus the idea was that something even cooler could likely result..and indeed, the result was a few sponsored mappacks and eventually an official near total conversion made at least partly by fan modders...
well i don't want to get inbto some ethics discussion anymore i just want to get started working on my "mod" ideas. so if anyone wants to give me a helpful tip about my question thats fine anybody else who can but won't can go f themselves. thats the shine of it to me.like I said eventually I'll just start from scratch any way..I probably need practice anyway and i was kind've being sarcastic about the "noob map statement even though it is likely going to be true. i'll just reinvent the wheel to while Im at it.
JiltedSoulM8_76 is offline   you may: quote & reply,