View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #5
shaded6
Rookie

lol. just because the dark side is a quicker way to power, doesnt mean it is the ultimate way to balancing that power. the question was actually getting at more like, how does one find the power of the dark side and use it?

why do the Sith let it consume them, knowing from the Jedi that it can destroy everything? why would a Sith want it to go that far when they realized that it was ultimately destroying them instead of giving them greater power? yeah, they did and do have a sense of power, but does this mean they actually know what they are doing with it.....

[a possible ending, if the player chooses the Light Side. Malak is near death.]
Darth Malak: Im... impossible. I... I cannot be beaten. I am the Dark Lord of the Sith.
Revan: This is the way of the Dark Side, Malak - All things end in death.
Darth Malak: Still... still spouting the wisdom the Jedi, I see. Maybe there is more truth in their code than I ever believed. I... I cannot help but wonder, Revan. What would have happened had our positions been reversed? What if fate had decreed I would be captured by the Jedi? Could I have returned to the Light, as you did? If you had not led me down the Dark Path in the first place, what destiny would I have found?
Revan: I am sorry I started you on this path. But you chose to continue down it.
Darth Malak: I suppose... I suppose you speak the truth. I alone must accept responsibility for my fate. I wanted to be Master of the Sith and ruler of the galaxy. But that destiny was not mine, Revan. It might have been yours, perhaps... but never mine. And in the end, as the darkness takes me... I am nothing.

Malak's realization of the consumption of the dark side made him realize it was destroying him. he knew Revan had come to balance again and started using the force for what it was, not how he wanted it to be. the Sith believe they have to master the force and use it as a tool; when the Jedi embrace it for what it is and let it use them as the tool for the force. Malak could of had redemption by realizing what he had become by walking down the dark path.

"when the Jedi embrace it for what it is and let it use them as the tool for the force," by letting it flow through them; cant this involve the Sith aswell, since they are searching for a greater sense of power in themselves?

seth

"there is darkness in you Jedi Knight, i can feel it...."
shaded6 is offline   you may: