View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #35
Nakatomi2010
Rookie

I actually had a game last night where I had 3 Venators, an assault frigate, a corvette and I think a couple of gunbpats, 2 Y-Wings and V-Wings/X-Wings...

The Empire at 2 Star Destroyers, a Victory star destroyer,a couple of acclomators, compliment of fighters, a couple of Broadside Cruisers...

I got lucky, they attacked me, and I had an Ion cannon on the planet, and only one Star Destroyer spawned in on the first wave...... I had my venators concentrate on smaller ships while the Star Destroyer came closer, I sent in the assault frigate while telling my X-Wings to take out fighters, I told the Y-Wings to go after the sheild generators first, at which time the Ion canon was charged, and I had it fire a salvo at the SD, the Y-Wings went in took out the shield generators, the engines and most of the turrets before the second one came out of hyperspace and started to approach, Ion canon was ready again, and I was left with the decision of firing at a nearly crippled SD, or this newer threat... I crippled the new one and let my Y-Wings finish the others, the Venators finished dispatching easier to destroy ships and then started their attack on the SD... In the end, it was pretty sucessful... Got lucky though...

Also, TIE fighters running away to the out fringe of the map isn't cool, makes the victory take longer... BUT, having a couple of Coreillian Corvettes as reinforcements... Totally worth it, you tell them to hyperspace in right next to the fighters, and BAM... You win...

Fun game...
Nakatomi2010 is offline   you may: quote & reply,