View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #18
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon
First of all, it's Wine, not WINE. Second, the .NET Framework doesn't run under Wine, but there is a separate project called Mono, which is a free independent implementation of .NET. The bad news is, KOTOR Tool, being a rather sophisticated Windows Forms application, doesn't work under Mono.
I've already gotten a few of my .NET framework apps to run under WINE. These apps use .NET framework calls for the apps -- I know they were sample .NET programs I programmed myself from a .NET programming manual.(They don't compile without .NET Framework 1.1 installed.) I haven't tried KT yet because without the games working there the tools are of no use.

As to refering to WINE as WINE is because I have seen it in many forms in it's releases, readme's, and across the web which include;
Wine
W.I.N.E.
WINE
WinE
So I have adopted WINE as my way of referencing it.(Not worth correcting peoples spelling of something so minor when there are many ways of refering to it.)

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,