View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #74
Gabez

I'm behind on everything because I go to Baghdad Univesity (or at least the Welsh equivelent) and we get everything late.

Anyway, I just got back from Serenity which showed at the arts cinema due to popular demand for this weekend. The cinema was completely filled, which meant that the audience reactions were great, though I also got squished next to a guy who kept coughing because he smokes and smelt like a pub. I slouched down so far away from him that I was practically on the floor, but anyway. The film was brilliant, of course, with full marks in special effects, music, acting, plot and characters. The cinematography was great, especially the camera work, and the whole thing was so refreshingly original. Comparative, I think, to the first Matrix film. My only regret is that I didn't watch Firefly before seeing the film, though now that I have seen the film I'll be sure to get the series on DVD. 5/5

King-kong was great, definitely worth seeing. The film really raised the bar in terms of special effects laden action sequences. 4/5

I also caught The Producers. I hear it's not as good as the original, and I'm sure it doesn't compare to seeing it live, but, hey, I enjoyed myself. Some catchy songs and funny scenes. 3/5
Gabez is offline   you may: quote & reply,