View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #45
arkodeon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus
Perhaps Mace should have waited for Yoda before confronting Palpatine. Although, Mace seems to think there isn't much time left - "We must act quickly if the Jedi order is to survive." Although Mace's confronting Sidious is exactly what sets the death of the Jedi into motion. Plus, Yoda (and alot of Jedi) were involved in campaigns throughout the galaxy, their forces were thinned out considerably - not exactly a coincidence either. It left the Jedi Temple wide open for an attack. Palpatine played his cards rather well.

Anakin only saw the very end of the duel, where Palpatine is being cornered by Mace, although it is interesting that Anakin seems to have forgotten about the 3 other Jedi that accompanied Mace... guess he figured they went to Dex's Diner or something.
I agree. Interestingly enough, on that website MilleniumFalcon, there seems to be a paragraph about this. Although I don't know where they got this information from, it seems that there was a debate amongst the remaining Jedi [EDIT: not Jeid XD] Councillors in some novel, or first draft, or something. They debated waiting for Yoda, but with the Battle of Kashyyyk, they did not know when he would return. Also, it seems that Anakin was set to go with them from the beginning, but it got rewritten.

Proof of Anakin going with them in the beginning? In the movies, the Chancellor is fighting with Anakin's lightsaber. It's true. ;D GO SEE. NOW. XD

(And, perhaps Millenium Falcon was wrong. I don't know, but I think it's an excellent idea to include a debate between the Jedi Masters.)

And about the dead Jedi; Anakin saw them, in the novellisation, and was worried. But when he saw Mace pinning down the Chancellor, he was like...

"OMG HE KILLZ B/C THEY AZZAZZINATE HEEM. LOLOLOLZ I PROTECT CHANCELLORZ. I DARTH VADERZ NOW, KTHXBYE."

Yeah, I don't like Anakin. They should have left him on that backwater planet. ):

Last edited by arkodeon; 02-08-2006 at 03:51 PM.
arkodeon is offline   you may: quote & reply,