View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #23
Darth_Torpid-PG
Rookie

Some of you have hit the nail on the head.

While we are aware that many of our customers like you are very strategy savvy and enjoy all of the details, many others are people who have never played an RTS or strategy game in their lives and purchase the game because it is Star Wars. Part of a designer's job is to balance a game such that it will appeal to both extremes. It's not easy to do, because you just can't please everyone.

Not adding repair was not an idle decision. There were many focus tests throughout the entire development period. Many things were removed based on these tests, and many things were added. The post-battle damage and maintenance system was one of those things that got cut. It just didn't add any fun, and in fact frustrated and confused many of the players.

But I think this is one of those issues (like religion and politics) that no matter what I say you will form your own opinions – and there’s nothing wrong with that. My PERSONAL belief is that the game is better for not having to worry about repair costs and time. Really, only playing the final game will prove your point or mine. For now, all I can really do is forward your concerns to the rest of the team, and watch the reactions of the fan sites. Time will tell

-Darth Torpid
-Game Designer
-Petroglyph
Darth_Torpid-PG is offline   you may: