View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #33
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
Well actually after I read your guide out of curiosity, I skimmed through to see other people's comments. I came across this.
How convenient that you somehow missed the two posts following those

Quote:
I was just making general responses that it's not necessary to follow your guide and that there are other ways to do things if you so desired.
Yep, sure is. But that's for the guide and not the walkthrough

Quote:
That's one of the reasons why I made the Bao-Dur comments that you can make him a Dark Jedi and other things I noticed just in case people wonder if there are other alternatives to the suggestions you have made.
I don't recall making any suggestion. I do recall writing a walkthough based on a series of assumptions. Your point is valid though: I did assume that the reader would be famililar with the game and would already know that you can go out of your way to gain influence with Bao-Dur (and Mira and Disciple) by doing LS acts even though you're DS.

Quote:
We did established it takes more patience, but it can be done since I've done Bao-Dur a Dark Jedi and got the influence of every party member by being Dark Side.
Kudos to you. Without a doubt, that is one way to do it. Unfortunately, it's not the quickest way and while that's perfectly fine, it's not aligned with the walkthrough that I wrote.

Quote:
I do feel I was contributing to the discussion by adding to people's general questions they had, or will have possibly have in the future.
It's possible. Personally, I feel that those questions could have been addressed by reading the introduction, but it's obvious some people don't like to read the instructions Not sure how I can address that though. Maybe your post is the answer.

Quote:
Anyway, again the guide is well done and thanks to all your hard work, it will add to the fun of the game.
Thanks!
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,