View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 07:03 AM   #55
Buzz1978
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra36
Well there are really 3 options.
1) You can start off as their appropriate levels but that would not work because not only could the Exile be level 50 and Revan be only level 20, but then you would get to level 100+ and would seem very silly.
It would have worked if they would have made an AddOn to address the story of TSL. Now it's too late for that though.

Quote:
2) Play as a 3rd pc and catch up to Revan, but still have the problem of the Exile's levels, voice acting, etc.
or vice versa

Quote:
3) Or sending them back to level 1 each, but then again.. People are going to be mad if anything happens to Revan or the Exile to send them back because they hold them both (especially Revan) on a pedestal. So if they get sent to level 1, then you know people are going to whining. I guess they could both keep their memories but lose all force powers again >.>.
One could say that the unknown regions are such a badass place, that being a powerful Jedi is just the lower limit to keep alive there. In TSL Kreia said about Tulak Hord he was one of the last (in the known regions?) great lightsaberfighters and by comparison "we" would be like children playing with toys. It could be done without the amnesia/cut off the force stuff but it would look a bit clumsy at any rate.

Quote:
Well I was kinda hoping Kotor 3 would be like #6 where it was all happy go lucky at the end. I guess it just really boils down on to who makes it you know? If Obsidian makes it, I can already expect a doomed ending.
Who else if not Obsidian? Pretty much everything else out there is realtime now, would you want *that* for K3?

Quote:
Sorry, I love debating. Okay that could go both ways. Either the Exile dies at the end, OR the last journey for him/her is the True Sith and then he/she settles down and never goes out and saves the world.
Doesn't work. The exile just isn't the type to go out milking the chicken while the rest of the world burst into flames.

Quote:
As for Atton being a fool, I could see it. I dunno, play as a girl and give me your opinion again hehe.
I played as a girl the first time I played TSL and a couple of times afterwards. Don't know why, but women are always my first choice... But for K1 and K2 the male PCs get the better end, because they get Bastila and the Handmaiden. What woman could go for Disciple anyway? He looks like an idiot and talks like a nerd...
Ok, I could compromise Atton seeing himself as a fool, as long it is complimentary.

Quote:
Well for one Revan and I am betting the Exile would make their party members leave them, so they could not have helped them from the start. Yes, they would probably endanger them but Kreia does say Revan will need all the help he/she can get, ya know?
In my eyes she meant only the Exile by that or anyone who is equally powerful. Revan wanted his old party members to get the republic prepared for the attack of the true sith and not follow him/her as soon as they're fed up with waiting. That's why he locked the navcomputer of the Ebon Hawk, so nobody would be able to follow him and since he is the only one who at least knows something about what has to be expected, it would be foolish for his old party members to follow him.

Quote:
They were both leaders, and should naturally have people to go under them.
I disagree. Only because they are leaders doesn't mean they *have* to have followers - the motives of the Exiles' party members to follow him were all a bit insane if you ask me. Plus the whole true-sith-in-the-unknown-regions-leave-your-party-behin-thing sounds like a one-(wo)man-show for me.

Quote:
Plus if I was Carth or especially Bastila, I would grow tired and impatient and set out to find what really happened.
There are the things you want to do and the things you realize in need to be done.

Edit: Just heard Ani DiFrancos "Swan Dive" and somehow it fits perfectly:
'cuz i don't care if they eat me alive
i've got better things to do than survive
i've got a memory of your warm skin in my hand
and i've got a vision of blue sky and dry land

Quote:
How more epic can it be if people from I and II that have already saved the galaxy come for one last battle? How about the ending of the Mandalorians when Canderous dies in his last, honorable battle?
The battle should take place in the known regions IMO. And BTW taking the battle to the true sith instead of responding to their attack is the sith type of thinking.

Quote:
Keep criticizing me Buzz, I like it^^
Are you sure, we're ready for such a relationship?

Last edited by Buzz1978; 02-12-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Buzz1978 is offline   you may: quote & reply,