Thread: Ennio Morricone
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
I say, I say
Rookie

Ennio Morricone

Recently I completed the famous Spaghetti Western 'Dollars' Trilogy being A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and of course I watched all three in a row. Believe me it was a lot less demanding than watching three Lord of the Rings Films and six Star Wars films. And more so I enjoyed it even more than those films put together.

However being a fan of the second volume of Kill Bill I noticed that some of the music was the same; in fact some of the tracks were from the works of Ennio Morricone; the man who scored the 'Dollars' Trilogy. Rarely has such music had an impact on me; but this does. As the bounty-hunters prepare to fire, the music throw so much into the scenes; the final duels are spectular. Music is one of the key elements that made that film. In many ways it is the same for Grim Fandango; I wondered what could have happened if Ennio Morricone had scored Grim Fandango?

Not that Grim Fandango would need a new soundtrack, its perfect as it is. However it seems to me that classic films do have classic soundtracks, they bring real atmosphere into a scene and even more into certain characters.

"Oh Manny, so cynical, what happened to you Manny, that caused you to lose your sense of hope, your love of life?"
"I died"

There's a Lift Underground

A Lift Underground- A Grim Fandango Appreciation Site
I say, I say is offline   you may: quote & reply,